We want you to know that we are committed to keeping our patients and families safe as they visit our practice during this time of serious health concern.
The Providers in our office are communicating daily and monitoring the latest information from the CDC, the Alachua County Health Department and the local hospitals to modify our own practice protocols.
We have already taken steps to protect our patients such as:
- Asking screening questions for scheduling appointments and triage calls to ensure potential COVID-19 infection is addressed
- Increased disinfection in our waiting rooms and exam rooms
- Increased the amount of hand sanitizer stations throughout our building
- Removed toys from exam rooms and waiting rooms to reduce the opportunity of the spread of infection. If you would like, you can bring your own toys for your children to play with.
In the near future we are preparing to:
- Modify our schedules for well exams and sick visit times
- Instruct patients to use different entrances into the building based on visit types
- Allow families to wait in their cars until it is time for the patient to be roomed
- Provide telemedicine options
Continue to monitor the following AAP Coronavirus post which is updated with the latest guidance for parents https://www.healthychildren.org/English/health-issues/conditions/chest-lungs/Pages/2019-Novel-Coronavirus.aspx
As more information and updates develop, we will use this platform and facebook to communicate with our patients.
Wishes for good health!
Alliance Pediatrics, PA